Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Writing Resolutions

This year having weekly goals worked out well for me. I like the flexibility of being able to double up one day, or write a good deal more on weekends than I do on weekdays and still be keeping the same numbers I would if I set a goal for every day. This year I'm adding monthly goals as well.

Daily Goal:
1000 words

Weekly Goals:
7500 words written or edited
1 short story or novel chapter critiqued
1 writing exercise
2 fiction or poetry submissions
1 story submitted for peer review
1 story read out loud

Monthly Goals:
3 short stories or chapters revised to submission quality
2 short story or chapter rough drafts
2 additional short story or novel chapters critiqued
2 poems
1 story, article, or poem translated from Spanish to English
1 novel read, at least, no excuses

No comments:

Post a Comment