Saturday, March 16, 2013

Eight Writing Manuals

Eight Writing Manuals That Are Not an Absolute Waste of Time. This is here as much for me as for you, dear reader.

This is what I have observed about writing advice in my years hunting it down: there's an almost limitless market for advice about beginning to write and psyching yourself up to keep writing early on; and a body of books and articles expanding at mind boggling speeds to fill that need. It's something a lot of people dabble in, or do as a hobby, and I'm sure there's an equivalent situation with, say, watercolors.

Once you get past that, it's much harder to find good advice, insightful breakdowns, or really interesting theory about the why.

Personally, I love this sort of thing, and if you guys have any recommendations to offer up, I'd love to hear them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment