Friday, July 22, 2011

Tomorrow

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."
— Macbeth

That actually has little to nothing to do with this post, I just like the quote.

Tomorrow. It's so ridiculously easy to put things off. For example, I am sitting at my lunch break at work thinking to myself "tomorrow. Tomorrow I will have the whole day all to myself, and I'll lock myself away and just write until I'm exhausted." I've planned out the rewards I will dangle before myself to encourage productivity.

Because it's so much easier to plan something than it is to follow through on it. I'll still need to go to the store, to do laundry, to sleep after a 60 hour week. All of this stuff still needs to happen at some point.

But the plan, tomorrow, is to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment