Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Year in Rejections 2012

So, yeah.

People often say one of the most important things you can develop as a writer is a thick skin. I know a lot of new writers fret about rejection, but really, it's not so bad.

I've taken the identifying information off of these because it's not per se about me, or the stories, or the editors. Most of these are form letters, some of them are provide exceptional personal feedback. All of them are very nice, and I wrote most of them back to thank them afterwards (where it was not requested I did not, and certainly in every instance where they wrote me personally).

Anyway, here are my rejections from 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these, Leslie. I have to say, a few of them look very, very familiar.

    At this time in my writing career, I'm not so worried about the rejections as I am the complete lack of acceptances, or even personalized rejections. But I haven't submitted many stories yet. It's comforting, though, that skilled and experienced writers still get form rejections too.

    ReplyDelete